Board Of Trustees News
The Board of Trustees govern the school. Meetings are held monthly and are open to the public.
The next Board meeting is on Tuesday 13th September 2016 at 7pm in the school administration block.
Public Attending Board Meetings Procedure
Welcome to the St Joseph's School (Orakei) board of trustees meeting. We welcome public presence and observation at our meetings.
In order that you understand the rules that apply to members of the public attending our meetings please read the following (in accordance to Ministry of Education rules and regulations):
1. Board meetings are not public meetings and are private meetings held in public.
2. If the meeting moves to exclude the public (usually this is to protect the privacy of individuals) then you will be asked to leave the meeting until this aspect of business has been concluded.
3. Members of the public may request speaking rights on a particular subject that is on the agenda. Preferably this request has been made in advance. Public participation is at the discretion of the board.
4. Speakers shall be restricted to a maximum of 2 minutes each per subject, with a time limit of fifteen minutes per interest group.
5. No more than 2 speakers on any one topic.
6. Speakers are not to question the board and must speak to the topic.
7. Board members will not address questions or statements to speakers.
8. Speakers shall not be disrespectful, offensive, or make malicious statements or claims.
9. If the Chair believes that any of these have occurred or the speaker has gone over time they will be instructed to finish.
10. Members of the public may apply in writing to the Board via the Board Chair to have a matter considered within a subsequent board meeting agenda. Written acceptance to add to the agenda will be tendered at the Board’s discretion.
Please note: Members of the public include staff and parents of the school who are not trustees on the board.