We Offer, We Value
We offer families a 'values based' education which provides intellectual challenge, exposes children to a wealth of extra-curricula opportunities, all contributing to each child's moral foundation.
St Joseph's graduates leave our community with the following gifts:
- Respect for themselves
- Respect for others and their differences
- Appreciation of the concepts of honesty, integrity, fairness, compassion and tolerance
- Nurtured love of their God
- Confidence to appropriately address the testing challenges that will inevitably face them in their future.
- Christian Faith:
- As Jesus commanded, we should love one another as he loves us
- We should understand that we are here together, look for the best in one another and strive to get along.
- Morals based education clearly understanding the difference between right and wrong.
- Diversity respecting each child's uniqueness and the special attributes they bring to the school.
- Self confidence: Each of us has a responsibility to speak out if we see something that is not right.
- We need to make decisions and be able to live with the consequences.
- Intellectual challenge - we believe our students learn best through:
- Close individual contact.
- Establishing learning challenges appropriate to their intellectual capabilities, with close attention to both remedial and extension needs.
- Exposure to the Arts and Sports:
- Giving all our children the opportunity to participate in Music, Performance and Visual Arts programmes to extend their future choices.
- Participation in a range of Sports programmes to build self confidence, physical ability and good health and, again, open the door to future opportunities.